Oatly was founded back in the 1990s and is based on Swedish research from Lund University. The company’s patented enzyme technology copies nature’s own process and turns fibre rich oats into nutritional liquid food that is perfectly designed for humans. Today, the Swedish company remains independent and dedicated to upgrading the lives of individuals and the general wellbeing of the planet through a lineup of original oat products. www.oatly.com
THE OATLY WAY
Oatly is a company built on the idea of change. Our mission is to help people upgrade their everyday lives and the health of the planet by making tasteful oat-based food products accessible to a wider audience in a world-class manner. It's why we come to work every day. And because health and sustainability are so close to our heart, we are more than just another food company – we are a lifestyle company. Our growth is fast - and accelerating. More and more people choose to switch to a plant-based diet for the sake of their health and the planet. With headquarters in Malmö and production in Sweden and the US, our products are available in almost 30 countries across Europe, North America and Asia.
This is a chance to have a direct impact on the product development of one of the world’s most innovative and sustainable companies! You will be part of a humble but result-hungry culture and speedy growth will make this an interesting and rewarding journey. Your challenges will be balancing the commercial needs with technical feasibility and to manage all stakeholders. This role is new and represents a new way of working so you will be part of shaping it. You will have high expectations to quickly get in the role and take ownership but with our awesome and committed team, that will not be a problem! This is an opportunity to develop within innovation and towards product development management, project management & product management. But above all, it’s important that we have fun together on our journey!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Technical product responsible for your category/categories.
- Ensure technical feasibility and efficient planning and execution of the product portfolio roadmap.
- Lead & participate in New Product Development projects.
- Identify technology development needs and contribute to the food technology roadmap.
WHO YOU ARE
- An Engineer/MSc. degree within food science.
- 5+ years of product development experience from dairy and/or plant-based dairy.
- Deep plant-based dairy and/or dairy technical knowledge.
- Documented project management experience from the food industry, working all the way from idea to consumer.
- Proven success in and passion for innovation and product development.
If you also have the following skills and experience it would be a big bonus:
- Experience from working and influencing cross-functionally.
- Great networker and stakeholder manager skills.
- Skills in and experience from planning complex programs.
- Great communication and visualisation skills.
To succeed in the role you have the ability to see ”the bigger picture” from idea til production and have an insight in the business impact of the choices you do. You also need to be able to -together with the product portfolio responsible- create and communicate a strategic plan for all new product development in your category including product upgrades and product care. You are used to working and influencing cross-functionally and love to see the pieces of the puzzle fall in place when you do your thing.
You are a curious person who are open to new ways of thinking and you are relentlessly seeking new technologies. We hope that you like taking responsibility and ownership but at the same time, you know the importance of listening and adapting to different needs. Finally, we see that you are business-oriented and have a strong drive and passion to deliver awesome products.
COME JOIN US
If you wish to be a part of our innovative product development team, helping our customers to make more sustainable choices, send us your details through the application below and we’ll take it from there. This is going to be fun!
This is an internal ad.