Oatly was founded back in the 1990s and is based on Swedish research from Lund University. The company’s patented enzyme technology copies nature’s own process and turns fibre-rich oats into nutritional liquid food that is perfectly designed for humans. Today, the Swedish company remains independent and dedicated to upgrading the lives of individuals and the general wellbeing of the planet through a lineup of original oat products. www.oatly.com
THE OATLY WAY
Oatly is a company built on the idea of change. Our mission is to help people upgrade their everyday lives and the health of the planet by making tasteful oat-based food products accessible to a wider audience in a world-class manner. It's why we come to work every day. And because health and sustainability are so close to our heart, we are more than just another food company – we are a lifestyle company. Our growth is fast - and accelerating. More and more people choose to switch to a plant-based diet for the sake of their health and the planet. With headquarters in Malmö and production in Sweden and the US, our products are available in almost 30 countries across Europe, North America and Asia.
This is an opportunity to have a direct impact on the packaging solutions of one of the world’s most innovate and sustainable companies! You will be part of a humble but result-hungry culture and speedy growth will make it an interesting and rewarding journey. Your challenges will include to quickly get in the role and take ownership. This means that you need to define scope and ways of working for the packaging solutions team, and at the same time recruit, lead and develop people and team. In this role you will be able to develop within innovation and towards product development, product management, and supply.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Co-develop new more sustainable packaging solutions together with new and existing partners to make sure we live up to our sustainability mission.
- Influence and deliver to the product portfolio roadmap.
- Develop and improve secondary and tertiary packaging solutions to support our global supply chain needs.
- Create and implement new ways of working together with other organisations in Oatly.
- Build, start up and develop the team and it's individuals.
WHO YOU ARE
- 5+ years of management experience in a changing environment.
- An engineering background with a mature leadership profile.
- A proven track record of strategic innovation and product development in cooperation with external partners.
- Deep sustainable packaging knowledge.
- Deep food packaging knowledge.
- Good understanding of secondary packaging and transport solutions.
- Project and program management skills.
- Experience from fast-growing organisations.
If you also have the following skills and experiences it would be a bonus:
- Experience from developing food products.
- Experience from food processing.
- Skills and experience in work process development.
- Experience from global logistics and supply.
To be able to manage this role you need to be open to new ways of thinking and have a business oriented mindset. You are curious and are relentlessly seeking new solutions in a structured but entrepreneurial way. You are good at working and influencing cross-functionally and you are a pro-active networker and partner internally and externally. A coaching leadership style in combination with a strong drive to deliver are key factors for a leader in this role. It is important to drive change in the organisation and be a leader who puts company results before own prestige. Last but not least you need to have a holistic approach and a sustainable work ethic.
COME JOIN US!
We welcome people from all backgrounds who see sustainability and health as important values. If you have the curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s do this together! It will be fun!