Oatly was founded back in the 1990s and is based on Swedish research from Lund University. The company’s patented enzyme technology copies nature’s own process and turns fibre-rich oats into nutritional liquid food that is perfectly designed for humans. Today, the Swedish company remains independent and dedicated to upgrading the lives of individuals and the general wellbeing of the planet through a lineup of original oat products
THE OATLY WAY
Oatly is a company built on the idea of change. Our mission is to help people upgrade their everyday lives and the health of the planet by making tasteful oat-based food products accessible to a wider audience in a world-class manner. It's why we come to work every day. And because health and sustainability are so close to our heart, we are more than just another food company – we are a lifestyle company. Our growth is fast - and accelerating. More and more people choose to switch to a plant-based diet for the sake of their health and the planet. With headquarters in Malmö and production in Sweden and the US, our products are available in almost 30 countries across Europe, North America and Asia.
This is a chance for you to impact the ways of working in one of the world’s most innovative companies! You will be part of a humble but result-hungry culture and speedy growth will make it an interesting and rewarding journey. Your challenges will include to quickly get in the role and take ownership. This is a new role in Oatly, which means that you need to define scope and ways of working for the PLC team, and at the same time expand, lead and develop people and team. Your challenges will be working with a diverse team with mixed competence profiles and you will have high expectations to quickly get in the role and take ownership. But with our awesome and committed team, that will not be a problem! This is a great opportunity for you to develop with Oatly. But above all, it’s important that we have fun together on our journey!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Influence and deliver to the product portfolio roadmap with focus on projects for product care, product improvement, capacity increase in our own factories and co-packer implementation.
- Lead and develop a team of 8-10 project leaders, development engineers, product development technicians and lab technicians.
- Help define and implement more efficient project models.
- Define interfaces and improve ways of working (processes, tools, prioritisation, standardisation, documentation) in sync with New Product Development, Production & Supply, Purchasing and Quality departments.
WHO YOU ARE
- 5+ years of management experience in a changing environment.
- Experience from leading product life cycle mgm/product maintenance mgm.
- A university engineering degree, probably chemical engineering or food engineering.
- Documented project and program management experience.
- Proven success in and passion for driving organisation development and change.
- A passion for growing people and business.
If you also have the following skills and experiences it would be a big bonus:
- Experience from product & process development in FMCG.
- Experience from dairy product development/dairy process development.
- Skills in Six Sigma and other Q-related methodologies.
- Skills in work process development.
To succeed in this role we like you to be brave and curious with an open mind to new ways of thinking. You are used to working and influencing cross-functionally and you are a great networker internally and externally. As a leader, you have a coaching leadership style in combination with a strong drive to deliver. You put company results before your own and drive change in the team and in your surroundings through motivation and good examples. Business growth is your thing and you have a holistic approach, which means that you analyze the overall impact for the business at all times. The role requires travel to production sites and co-packers locally and globally 5-10 times per year, and is located in Landskrona, Sweden.
COME JOIN US
We welcome people from all backgrounds who see sustainability and health as important values. If you have the curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s do this together! It will be fun!