Oatly was founded back in the 1990s and is based on Swedish research from Lund University. The company’s patented enzyme technology copies nature’s own process and turns fiber-rich oats into nutritional liquid food that is perfectly designed for humans. Today, the Swedish company remains independent and dedicated to upgrading the lives of individuals and the general wellbeing of the planet through a lineup of original oat products.
THE OATLY WAY
Oatly is a company built on the idea of change. Our mission is to help people upgrade their everyday lives and the health of the planet by making great-tasting oat-based food products accessible to a wider audience in a world-class manner. It's why we come to work every day. And because health and sustainability are so close to our heart, we are more than just another food company – we are a lifestyle company. Our growth is fast - and accelerating. More and more people choose to switch to a plant-based diet for the sake of their health and the planet. With headquarters in Malmö and production in Sweden, Netherlands and the US, our products are available in almost 30 countries across Europe, North America and Asia.
This is a chance to have a direct impact on the product development of one of the world’s most innovative and sustainable companies! You will be part of a humble but result-hungry culture and speedy growth will make this an interesting and rewarding journey. In this role, you will work in the European New Product Development team which is part of the global Innovation organisation. You will report to Product Development Manager EMEA, the position is based at Oatly in Landskrona. You will be part of a global growth journey in a company with creative thinking and innovative products. You will have the opportunity to develop tasty and functional products with two of Oatlys most important values in mind, sustainability and health. You will have high expectations to quickly get in the role and take ownership but with our awesome and committed team, that will not be a problem.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Lead and participate in New Product Development projects internally and with external partners - from idea to launch.
- Lead and participate in product improvement projects that entail major recipe and/or process changes and contribute with product technology knowledge within Oatly.
- Ensure great taste and functionality.
- Monitor trends and innovative solutions within food technology and contribute to the food technology roadmap.
- Cooperate closely with the commercial, quality, sourcing and production teams and of course with other parts of the innovation organisation.
WHO YOU ARE
To succeed in the role you have the ability to see ”the bigger picture” from idea to final product and have an insight into the business impact of the choices you do. You have the drive to get things done with an analytical but open mindset. You are a strong leader who is stimulated and energized by working in a high-pressure environment and still have the ability to prioritize and get things done. Since you will work globally, you will also have the opportunity to travel, so we hope you enjoy having this as a part of your work. Communication is key and you enjoy having many different partners in your daily work both internally and externally. We also believe that you like taking responsibility and ownership and that you always ensure that milestones are met on time. Finally, we see that you are business-oriented and have a strong drive and passion to deliver awesome products. We hope to see that you check the following boxes:
- Master of science degree within food science, food technology, biotechnology, chemical engineering, agriculture or similar education.
- 5+ years of product development experience from the food industry.
- Plant-based dairy and/or dairy technology knowledge.
- Great networker and stakeholder management skills.
- Documented project management experience from the food industry, working all the way from idea to final product.
We see that you have excellent English skills, verbally and written. It is a great advantage if you also know Swedish. Moreover, if you have skills in Chinese it would be a bonus.
COME JOIN US
If you wish to be a part of our innovative product development team, helping our consumers to make more sustainable choices, send us your details through the application below and we’ll take it from there. This is going to be fun!
In this recruitment process, Oatly is collaborating with Randstad Life Sciences & Engineering. If you have any questions regarding this position you are welcome to contact Camilla Wern at email@example.com, 0733-43 60 98 or Emelie Lanner 072-973 33 82.