THE OATLY WAY
All over the world, in Malmö, Barcelona, Beijing, Miami and London, people are tuning into the need for evolving to a more plant-based diet. We are establishing our presence and voice into this discussion in the UK. For the long-term.
Our sole purpose as a company is to make it easy for people to turn what they eat and drink into personal moments of healthy joy without recklessly taxing the planet’s resources in the process.
Oatly was founded back in the 1990s and is based on Swedish research from Lund University. The company’s patented enzyme technology copies nature’s own process and turns fibre rich oats into nutritional liquid food that is perfectly designed for humans. Oatly is the #1 oat based dairy alternative producer in the world with products spanning across multiple categories. We understand it’s all about execution and being world class, we have a solid track record on delivering this and exciting innovation to continue to stay ahead.
Sustainability, nutritional health and trust are at the heart of what we do. We are building a culture that constantly upgrades each other and the planet. This is a company that shows great respect and demonstrates immense courage to make positive change.
You will be responsible for the smooth running of the operations in your local market. This will include 3PL relationship management, stock & order management as well as working closely with Oatly’s central supply team in Sweden. Due to the fast-paced growth of the business, a lot of the role will be identifying gaps in the current logistical flow and implementing robust tools & processes to futureproof the local operations.
- Review & manage local stock holding to provide country visibility of any shortage risks.
- Liaise with central team transport planner on inbound trucks, priority SKUs and delivery on time performance.
- Work closely with central team in Sweden on production volumes, aligning on product priorities & safety stock requirements.
- Provide market context to the central supply team in Sweden on performance & subsequent supply risks.
- Be a key player in the relationship management of our 3PL warehouse; providing point of escalation for day-to-day operations, storage management, process alignment & performance management.
- Provide local sales team with short term supply overview & recommendations on order capping/allocations required.
- Be a point of escalation & support for the Oatly Customer Service team, who manage the customer orders. Providing them with stock allocations & aligning on shortage communications.
- Be main point of contact for retailers’ supply team, to communicate shortages, raise any issues on in store availability & order alignment where possible for new listings/promotions/distribution changes.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- You have the personality to succeed in this role – collaborative, energetic, flexible, humble, dedicated, analytical, reliable, positive and trustworthy.
- You have excellent Excel skills & enjoy building tools to create insights/efficiencies in your role.
- You are a make-it-happen person who is excited to roll up your sleeves and dive in.
- You thrive in a job that doesn't include a traditional workplace structure.
- You are a self-starter who doesn’t need direct supervision to motivate you for success.
- You are ready to make your mark in a smaller, growing brand leveraging your experience to deliver amazing results, put in place robust processes and build an outstanding company.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and are energized by the process of building something lasting from the ground up.
- You have a background/strong interest in supply chain but also have a good understanding of the FMCG world.
- To generally be an awesome person to hang out with