Hello, possible future Big Idea Grant for Coffee grantee!
Ready to apply? Or just find out more info? You are totally in the right place.
* scroll for faq's *
SO ONCE I SUBMIT MY APPLICATION,
We’ve assembled a crew of geniuses (empathetic, lovable, fair) into a committee. They’re outsiders — they don’t even work at Oatly! But their experience in coffee and/or sustainability lends a range of perspectives that help us score applications in a balanced way.
Your application (actually every application) receives scores from a minimum of three different reviewers from the committee. And they score each application on a scale from 1 to 5 on each of the rubric criteria (see pie chart).
From there, the top applications are walked to our internal board by anonymous, neutral handlers wearing robes made of sustainable fibers (this part is actually not true). The top applications are given to our internal board, which digs in a little deeper on the projects and selects a cohort of winners based on project type, location, approach, perspective, etc.
WHAT TYPES OF PROJECTS ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?
SOURCING. OPERATIONS. SYSTEMS CHANGE. Currently, you can apply for any of these three project categories, which are modeled after Oatly's own approach to sustainability. From there, the grant program could grow and expand annually as we learn more about what types of categories people are excited about and where more support is needed in the industry. But wait! If your idea doesn’t fall under one of those three categories, we do have an “Idea so BIG it’s not even in these categories" section to ensure that you can apply anyway!
(DRIVE FOOD SYSTEM SHIFT)
Packaging, "Café Materials"
(LIKE A FUTURE COMPANY)
SYSTEMS CHANGE (CONVERSION, "PLANT-BASED REVOLUTION")
NUTS AND BOLTS, AKA THE FINE PRINT!
- Only US businesses and organizations can apply. But if you’re outside the US, please email us, as this program could expand someday.
- Your business must have no more than 300 employees in order to qualify.
- Don't apply here for operating costs. Or start-up costs. Projects are meant to be replicable. Basically, other coffee shops will want to use your killer blueprint!
- You must be a business or organization, not an individual. Legal bummer. But if you have a big idea and you’re not a business or organization, email us! We could launch a similar program for individuals in the future.
- Finally, we’re going to make you famous! Or at least “oatmilk famous.” So if you win, you need to be okay with having your story told far and wide — and be totally good with being in the Oatly eye.
SEPTEMBER 21: APPLICATIONS OPEN
OCTOBER 28: APPLICATIONS CLOSE
DECEMBER: WINNERS ANNOUNCED